Thursday, June 25, 2009

Q&A #1


This letter comes from Gabe Blubberman in Schenectady, New York:

Dear Eddie,
My mother named me after the angel Gabriel and I have taken trumpet lessons since the age of nine. My question is this - When he announced to Mary the coming of the birth of Jesus, did he play his trumpet? I also noticed he is the herald who foretold the birth of John the Baptist. Did he take lessons or did this just come naturally? Do you think he likes to listen to Louie Armstrong or Miles Davis?

G.B.


Dear Gabe,
Gabriel is NEVER portrayed in the Bible with a trumpet at all. More than likely he can play any instrument he picks up. If I had been around as long as an angel I think I could play a few different instruments...including the banjo and bagpipes! Keep in mind though, why pick an earthly, man-made musical instrument when you have heaven-made ones that are the best in the universe! That would be like me choosing a small plastic fiddle over a Strativarius! Anyway, the only "man-made" things in Heaven are the wounds in Christ's body. Just be thankful you are named after a being whose name means, "Champion of God"!

Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails