Friday, June 10, 2011

Logic and Humor Combo


This email came from my sister, Sandy, in Houston. I had to share it with you.


TO WHOM DOES THE LAND OF ISRAEL BELONG??

An Israeli Sense of Humor at United Nations set the record straight.
An ingenious example of speech and politics occurred recently in the United Nations Assembly and made the world community smile.
A representative from Israel began: 'Before beginning my talk I want to tell you something about Moses. When he struck the rock and it brought forth water, he thought, "What a good opportunity to have a bath!"
Moses removed his clothes, put them aside on the rock and entered the water. When he got out and wanted to dress, his clothes had vanished. A Palestinian had stolen them!
The Palestinian representative at the UN jumped up furiously and shouted, "What are you talking about? The Palestinians weren't there then."
The Israeli representative smiled and said, "
And now that we have made that clear, I will begin my speech."

16 comments:

  1. If only that would make a lasting point for those people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh.
    1.Where did she get that from? and 2. can I re-post this on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish all inhabitants of the modern state of Israel could get along.
    I like this quotation from Stephen Sizer: "The land had served its purpose,like an airport runway, to provide a temporary residence for the ancestors of the Messiah, David's greater Son; to host the incarnation, a home for the Lord Jesus Christ;...The Land provided a base, a strategic launch pad for God's rescue mission, from which the apostles would take the good news of Jesus Christ to the world. In the New Testement, the land,like an old wineskin, had served its purpose. It was, and remains , irrelevant to God's ongoing redemptive purposes for the world." (cited in "Zion's Christian Soldiers?" p96 and also here:http://www.stephensizer.com/2009/08/where-is-the-promised-land/

    Love, grace and peace to all brothers and sisters in Calvinist humour (I'm English!) who disagree with my covenantalism!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwahahahahaha! That's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Helen

    I agree with your covenantal perspective, but also like the humour in the post.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...although I appreciate the political humor, and aside from the added scenario concerning the bath, this is not Biblically accurate.

    Can you tell me why?

    (hint: it's about Moses)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Eddie

    Moses never entered the promised land. At least, not until Matthew chapter 17.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's right! You just won a free lunar eclipse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gee, thanks. Where do I have to be in order to see it, Eddie? Huh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course Stranger, silly me, I couldn't see what Eddie's question was getting at, even though I knew Moses didn't (physically!)enter the Promised Land. - Lateral thinking block!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It didn't click in my wee brain till the day after he posted it. : )

    However, the fact that the Lunar eclipse won't be visible in North America, I figured out early on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @stranger:

    Okay...do this:

    Hold up a grapefruit and pass an orange between your eye and the grapefruit.

    It's a citrus fruit eclipse.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will be content knowing that folks in the eastern hemisphere are enjoying my Lunar eclipse.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails