Saturday, May 28, 2011

Up to my Helmet in Trouble

Some may have noticed my absence the past few days. I wasn't able to log on to my Google account. I couldn't post or comment on either of my blogs and my navigation bar had disappeared. I did everything I could to correct this problem to no avail. I thought I was a goner. The thought crossed my mind that Nigel Pettibone or Benny Finney may have hacked into my site and messed with my settings. I cleaned out the cookies and the cache. (I don't need the cookies, being a little overweight...but, who doesn't need the cache!) All roads led to dead end after dead end. As a last resort, I switched from Google Chrome to Mozilla Firefox and now things are working properly again. Whew! I don't deserve the mercy but, I am glad to be back on!

13 comments:

  1. Welcome back, brother!

    Also: great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you, as well.

    So, Godzilla Fire-box saved the day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not the only one having problems. Had similar issues a couple of weeks ago but I was in the middle of an essay so I left it for a week. Must have righted itself. Glad you're back though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...thanks, Patience, your parents named you well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back!

    By the way, does the helmet help any with swimming? You might be able to go scuba diving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same problem at about the same time, but I discovered switching from Chrome to IE fixed it. So I went back and cleared EVERYTHING from Chrome (history, cache, cookies, etc.) and then I was able to sign into Blogger again. One would think Blogger and Chrome would work seamlessly, both being Google products. But that's probably assuming too much. Glad all your problems have been solved by Ma Zilla.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks THEO! I went back and cleared everything from the past 4 weeks and now my Google Chrome is up and running again. Now I have 3 servers to choose from...Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mo Fi Fo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like Chrome; it's fast and uncluttered. But when its developers get a wild eyelash and change something, Chrome has a tendency to break some feature or a website I use all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe your cache changed denominations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for wearing a swimsuit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails