Thursday, May 12, 2011

Behind the Scenes at CC


Here is a photo taken by our staff photographer, James Olsen, showing what goes on in our monthly meetings at the Calvinistic Cartoons office in Metropolis. I am always ready to pay extra for good ideas from my writers. This is one of our "think tank" sessions where we discuss the future of Calvinistic Cartoons and time travel in general.
The man standing is Bleppo Marx, a man who claims to be related to the Marx Brothers - all except for Zeppo.
The guy holding the glass of Pepsi, is Monroe Ribbits, a former librarian at the Spurgeon Archives.
The man holding the photo of his wife, is Felix Toyota, the author of several books on pancake batter.
Flying to Metropolis every month is expensive and tiring, but I feel it's worth it if you get a laugh or two out of this humble blog that has been traced back to the civil war.
BTW...I don't smoke. I am demonstrating a post situation for the month of June. We  use many props in our think tank sessions. Props with meaning. Props of kindness. Props of love.
Here at Calvinistic Cartoons we value readership and leadership. So we have decided to start reading what we have written and double checking for msplled werds.
I suspect someone in this group is a mole for Arminian Antics. I just haven't been able to figure it out. 

13 comments:

  1. Obviously you all need to ditch the suits and buy some RW approved Hawaiian shirts. Then your blog would be much more relevant to the world, and you might even find some purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I suspect someone in this group is a mole for Arminian Antics. I just haven't been able to figure it out."

    I'd put my money on Bleppo - notice his shifty eyes and forced smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "a mole for Arminian Antics"

    Hint: Never trust a guy who wears a space helmet to a meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I'm with Ink Slinger. There's something fishy about that guy. By the way, like the copy of R.C. MacArthur's "The Amillenial Rapture" on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be honest with you...I don't trust him either. He is my worst enemy. Everywhere I go he's there trying to bring about my downfall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you ever get any definitive evidence against him... I've got friends who can make sure he's never heard from again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew you weren't really smoking the pipe. Somehow it just didn't seem possible.

    Your Arminian mole is probably staff photographer James Olsen, who is likely related to the famous Arminian, Rod "Jerry" Olsen.

    When you prove he is the mole, I imagine he will be shown the door the same way Rob Bell was. And you just replaced the glass in that window!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading THEOparadox's comment, this brings a question, did Rob Bell come to one of the meetings or did he show up at another time? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good news! Blogger is back up.
    Bad news! I lost all the comments on this entry.
    There were some great ones here. You'll just have to take my word for it.
    It could have been worse.
    I am just glad it's functioning again.
    Sorry for the trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny thing, I had posted this on my Facebook page and this small comment, which had been deleted when Blogger went down, was beside the tiny image:

    "Obviously you all need to ditch the suits and buy some RW approved Hawaiian shirts. Then your blog would be much more relevant to the world, and you might even find some purpose."

    ...I have forgotten who said this, although I have my suspicions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You might need to employ an additional spell-chekur.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails