Saturday, December 10, 2011

Jon Cardwell - Unshaven

The following post was chosen from another site:

As the old saying goes, “It’s all fun and games until someone loses an eye.” Well, I suppose we were having a little fun one Sunday afternoon following morning worship service… and it seems we lost an eye on similarity. I think the similarity begins and ends with the bow tie. Yes, some medications and supplements helped me to put on too much weight when I was losing weight far too quickly last year. Couple that with the fact that I’m about a month overdue on my haircut, and it makes my wife and I giddy enough to pose like some of the photos and prints hanging on my office wall.
Not long ago, someone in Talladega asked me, “Have you always had a beard?”
I answered, “No. I grew it right after I got out of the Navy because I have a dimple in my chin and I was getting tired of people confusing me with Tom Hanks.”
He said, “But you don’t look anything like Tom Hanks.”

“I know. The beard works pretty good, doesn’t it.”

Now check out his blog, Justification by Grace, and discover a world of treasures!

3 comments:

  1. A couple of handsome gents for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don Diego de la VegaDecember 12, 2011 at 6:56 PM

    One looks more like Guy Williams than the other...who could it be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice resemblance.

    (I also notice Matthew Poole on his bookshelf...can't make out the others.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails