This is not a Photoshopped building. It is the real thing. State Architect Guðjón Samúelsson's design of this church building was commissioned in 1937. It took 38 years to build the church. Construction work began in 1945 and ended in 1986, the landmark tower being completed long before the church's actual completion. The crypt beneath the choir was consecrated in 1948, the steeple and wings were completed in 1974. The nave was consecrated in 1986. It is situated in the center of Reykjavík, Iceland, and is visible throughout the city. It has become one of city's best known landmarks.
The Great Architect, the One who builds His Church with living stones,
is completely unimpressed with what man can do.
The one true Church will always be the Elect of God…
and always remember, some assembly is required.
Another view of the same church building.
(click on the first photo to "magnify the building")