Monday, November 7, 2011

Announcing an Announcement


Dear friends,
This Saturday, November 12, Calvinistic Cartoons will be 3 years old. I have had a pretty good run. I never thought I would be able to maintain a blog of this type for this long. Even though followers are up, the stats indicate that readership is down a little from a year ago. Comments are incredibly creative and I have enjoyed every one of them.
I have decided to set a date for ending Calvinistic Cartoons and its sister, Facets of Grace. A lot of things have happened in these last three years and I am glad for all the laughter and thought-provoking (I hope) satire I might have brought to the table. I have many pre-scheduled posts that are loaded and ready to fire in the next few weeks. Tomorrow I will make the biggest announcement ever by posting the exact date of the last Calvinistic Cartoons.
Keep looking up!
Eddie Eddings

8 comments:

  1. Wait, what? The End of Days for CC? Now that Camping has retired, are you picking up his mantle in the predictions business?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, how do you count followers? I follow through RSS, (Google Reader) -- does blogger (also a Google property) reflect this in your stats?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long live Calvinistic Cartoons!

    But if you ever quit I want your helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH NO! What will happen to Corky?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anyone besides me think it's a funny coincidence that Harold Camping has a stroke, misses his final prediction of the end of the world and now Eddie makes this announcement? I smell a conspiracy of the highest sort. My guess is, Eddie's gonna take Camping's place, start making predictions and setting dates, just like this one about Calvinistic Cartoons. Oh sure, it'll start small like this, but so did Camping (his first "prophetic prediction" was regarding the timing of his daughter's first birthday –– "It will be one year after the day of her birth."). Then it will grow from there. Yeah, you just watch, Eddie will be the next Harold Camping! That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it (unless it doesn't come true; then I'll recant that one and come up with another).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who is going to make all of the frozen chosen laugh once CC is gone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will you use the Mayan calendar to calculate the last date for CC?

    It's been a great run. Thanks for the effort you've put into it. It could not have been easy.

    T.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails