Thursday, November 19, 2009

LAST POST



It's has been quite a ride. But, posting two, three and sometimes fours entries a day can take its toll. I placed a new widget "Recent Comments" on the sidebar thinking it would increase comments. It hasn't. No new followers joining. Old friends have stopped writing. I need to spend more time in finding a permanent job here in Kuwait. I have had one art freelance job that was never paid in full. Cheated out of more than $700. I am now working  as a freelance web page copy writer for a very large company. I hope it will eventually work into something permanent. I had to fly to Dubai and back just to renew my 3 month visa. (you have to leave the country and return as a guest until you can get a civil ID by working a full-time job)

My only expression of creativity comes in the form of Calvinistic Cartoons. Which I love doing. I love the comments from you guys. Brain draining or no, I wish I could do this all the time. But, I am also in the process of writing another book. I can't keep posting multiple entries every day while the popularity of Calvinistic Cartoons seems to be waning. So this will be my last post today. Of course, tomorrow I will be back with new ideas and humor. I have decided to only post four today. I may have to start posting one a day like most bloggers do.

The picture above is not Calvinistic Cartoons sinking, as you may have imagined. It is the miraculous raising of a year old ship. Rising to continue on the watery path on the Blogger Ocean. Keep writing. Keep praying. Keep your doors locked at night.
See you guys tomorrow with a ship load of new entries!
Thanks for your support (I hope) everybody!

16 comments:

  1. That picture had me scared. I'm glad that the ship isn't sinking.

    No - I don't comment here, because I just don't have anything useful or interesting to say. But I love coming here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Young Mr. Brown! (or is that Paddington Bear?) Believe me, your comment was useful to me AND interesting! Really. In the blog world, (or at least in MY blog world) saying anything is better than saying nothing at all! I do appreciate your appreciation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes,

    You scared me, too. Though I don't comment, I read your posts regularly through Google Reader, and they always bring a smile or laugh. And I remember you and pray for you and your family often. I wish I had met you while you were still in Texas.

    Blessings, brother. Keep up the great work. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks John. I miss Texas a lot. Lived in Mabank, Mesquite and McKinney...now in the Middle East.
    When I get back to the states eventually I guess I will have to find another "M" to live in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! Had me scared for moment, too.
    I'm glad it was just the last post of the day. I am still praying for you and your wife in Kuwait and your daughter and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, my heart was racing. I have just gotten back on here by borrowing my daughter's Toshiba since the demise of my dell and I turn on to your "last post." Glad you will still be around. I have been faithful to pray for both Tammy and your job situation. I can't find work here in WA I wonder how tough it must be in Kuwait. Will continue to praya brother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once a day is fine. Just keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, don't do that! I love you and I enjoy this blog brother. I will make more comments, honest I will. Just don't take my CC away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I discovered CC last July, and remember thinking that this 'add a caption' thing was something I could really sink my teeth into.

    There are really only two goals I aim at when commenting: the first is to be as funny as LURAB & Pilgrim Mommy. The second is to catch Eddie at just the right moment causing him to spew whatever beverage he happens to be drinking. (If it spews out through his nostrils, that would be a bonus.)

    I've enjoyed getting to know you, Eddie, and I'm glad CC is continuing on in the blogdom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr. Eddings,

    That post had me scared for a while. I don't really comment here for the same reason as Youg Mr. Brown. I really enjoy reading your posts and I hope that you will continue posting for a long time.

    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't go Eddie!

    You may know about it, but in case you don't, there is a schedule option so that you can schedule a post to post in the future.

    So your 4 posts in 1 day can actually turn into a week's worth of posts!

    You can easily create all the posts for the week in 1 day and take it easy for the rest of the week... and not get burned out.

    -Philip

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't go! Your posts always put a smile on my face...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Philip
    I did not know of this post delay feature! I tried finding it and failed...would you do a little GPS work for me and map out the direction I go to utilize this tool? Thanks amigo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. At the bottom left of the post creating/editing box, you'll see a sideways arrow and "Post Options".

    Click on that and you'll have the option to put a date on when you want it to "go live".

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Thanks Young Mr. Brown! (or is that Paddington Bear?)"

    You've seen through my disguise! You are indeed a perceptive man.

    Anyway, I have said I don't comment here, and now I've commented twice. I'll stop there. Three comments from me would be more than anyone could bear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks everyone for your comments! It's the only "gratis fortus blogpublicus" I recieve...and it makes the work that much more enjoyable for me. Like watching one of your favorite movies with a friend who hasn't seen it.
    Thanks for the tip Philip! I have found it and I will use it soon.
    ...and I enjoyed the intentional pun from Young Mr. Brown in his last sentence.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails