Sunday, March 18, 2012

Stopping CC for a While

As much as I have enjoyed CC and as much as many of you have enjoyed CC, I am putting on the brakes, so to speak, for a few months. I don't know if I can hold out that long, to be honest with you. CC has become an obsession with me as of late. I think about it too much. It not good for my health, in many ways. Problem is, CC has become more than a past time - it has become an addiction. People give up things for various reasons - years ago, I had to stop, cold turkey, playing a computer game called "City of Heroes", because it dominated my life to the point where I was not studying and reading the Word like I should. So I put a stop to it and never returned. This is why I am putting a stop to CC for a undetermined length of time. Coca-Cola will no longer be my main soft drink. I am switching to a drink with vitamin C - probably an Orange or Grape drink for a while. I will return to CC in the future, but for now, I will be stopping, cold turkey!

8 comments:

  1. I hear you, brother (I'm not sure how, 'cause this post doesn't have audio). CC used to be my #1 beverage, but now I stick to the light ones like Sierra Mist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've got a lot to live, brother... and Pepsi's got a lot to give...

    if only it had vitamin C...

    interestingly ironic is that this is the same week that i will stop si si for awhile-- cold turkey or clod turnkey, whatever it may be... no mas mexican yes, yes for me

    love you, brother

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're free from your bondage. Mountain Dew is an option now you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I'm a fake else I might feel a bit insulted by this poist Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm learning to read the entire post before saying "OH NOOOOOO!"

    How about water with a slice of lemon? That's a 0 calorie alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would go with the grape drink. It only has three ingredients, water, sugar, purple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Had me going there for a minute. And I was waiting for a comment about "lent".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails