Thursday, October 15, 2009

How to Minister to Christian Bloggers


Here is how YOU can encourage and minister to Christian bloggers. COMMENT. Yes, saints of God, it is just that simple. I am not talking about my blog particularly (although, I DO include myself) but many out there (some are listed on the right as the blogs I follow) need to know that people are reading and appreciating their labor. And sometimes it is laborious to maintain a blog. Even more encouraging is to become a follower of a blog. Some of these blogs continue without even one comment in months. I would like to point out one - Chronicles of a Chronically Random Girl - Her avatar is Reformed Anonymous Girl in Pain. She is struggling with health issues every minute of the day and can't always blog like she would like. I know a few comments would put a smile on her face. I am not suggesting that you post comments insincerely, I am just suggesting that you take a few minutes, ever so often, and post a comment on someone's blog. (Some blogs already have numerous comments - I am mainly talking about those that get little or none.) Thanks for listening (or reading)...maybe some of you who have never posted a comment will give it a try. As C.H. Spurgeon once said, "If I had a computer I would blog. If I had a blog I would write. If I wrote I would want some response from somebody so that I would forge on in battle...and I would let Eddie Eddings Photoshop pictures for me." Remember, you can encourage someone today by merely typing a few words! Once again, I thank thee for thy kindness.

3 comments:

  1. Another very creative site is found at http://tunesnatchers.blogspot.com/
    it is well worth your attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Spurgeon really say that? It sounds more like something Jonathon Edwards would have said.

    You're right, we really should comment more on the blogs we read I've enjoyed your blog for a long time and think I've only commented once. I'll try to do better in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails