Tuesday, January 19, 2010

When Widgets Go Bad



Honestly, I don't know if it's just my computer or not. In Kuwait, the building I live in has poor reception and my 'puter usually is slow go when it comes to downloading or uploading or freeloading for that matter.
I am turning to you who have years of experience in blogging, clogging or logging.

Not too long ago I added a widget for "recent comments". For the last week I am not showing anything under that heading. I need to know if everyone else is seeing the "recent comments" at the top right of my blog or not.
If no one else is seeing that displayed, then I need to know how to fix it.
I have tried in vain to restore it to it's former glory to no avail. But, things are a little strange here in Kuwait. My sitemeter banner doesn't show up here...but, when I was in the states a few weeks back, it was there!
So if anyone has had a similar problem with gadgets, widgets or wookies, please let me know. I think it helps when you can see the most recent comments made.
Thank you Saint Geek, whoever you are. (I mean that not in a Roman Catholic way)

8 comments:

  1. I do not know how to fix it, but I do want you to know that the title of the recent comments widget is all I see...and no comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you first installed it, I was seeing it only intermittently, and then later, only after veiwing a few pages. Now I don't see it at all.

    I am guessing that you have tried uninstalling then reinstalling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will do that tomorrow morning. Hope it works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had been using a "recent comments" from another widget vendor. I am now using the widget Blogger supplies and so far so good...except, I keep seeing this "&#39" appearing in some of the quotes. Well, this is a fallen world...I may have to wait until I get to Heaven for the perfect widget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hadn't been displayed the past, however, seeing them today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails