Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Comments? No Comment


I know you think I am going to beg for comments. Well, no I'm not. Why would you think that I would? You have a right to remain silent...and I am listening. I know you will comment when you feel there is a need. I don't want anyone out there to feel any pressure whatsoever. Do you think I comb my posts every day to see if someone has commented or not? Really? All right, maybe so...but, do you think I am so ego-centric that I need morale boosting around the clock? Well, I am working on that. I have also noticed that one just disappeared from the ranks today. No explanation. No reason given. I suspect he was forced to withdraw his membership because of the Emergent Mafia. All I want to say is hang in there saints! My time is short. My mind is fading. And I plan on continuing this as long as my laughing heart holds out. There is (and this is serious) a huge announcement I will be making in a few months. So stay tuned...if you please.

8 comments:

  1. Well, I thought it was funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. By God, I cannot flatter, I do defy The tongues of soothers! but a braver place In my heart's love hath very few bloggers than yourself. Nay, task me to my word; approve me, lord. (Shamelessly stolen & twisted from Shakespeare.)

    Okay so maybe not. But hey, you got a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll comment as long as I am assured that anything I say can't and won't be used against me in a court of law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will give ya' comments. Here's one now: Comment. There.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are ever at work making us think! you did it again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ron, I hear ya bro...
    I think it is in code:

    Please
    Eddie,
    Remarks
    I
    Overlook
    Daily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone resigning from the group confirms my suspicions. In your post on a lifetime subscription to the Century magazine you quoted Matthew 20:1-16. Obviously you are reading Matthew 20:1-16 in a strange translation. My own personal copy of the ERT (Erroneous Revised Text) clearly adds the story of the worker who was forced, due to a family emergency to resign at the fourth hour and was paid a full day’s wage plus a severance package with health care and retirement benefits. He then was rehired at ninth hour and given another full day’s wage.

    I am sure that the person resigning from the group will come back expecting to receive a lifetime subscription to the Century Magazine. I know I was tempted to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. radair, you have helped clear the pathway for future members. I didn't know you had a ERT version...my Worker's Comp red-letter edition says basically the same thing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails