Friday, May 9, 2014

FREE BOOK!


4.0 out of 5 stars
 
Practical Suggestions for Joy in Suffering
By 



I'll be honest--the only reason I gave this book a look is that it is published by New Growth Press. If I didn't have a good bit of trust for the publisher, I probably wouldn't have gotten past the title. I guess the publisher pretty much says it all here: "Personal crises and disappointments have led many to the pessimistic conclusion that `my life sucks.' Underneath the contemporary slang are universal and timeless questions about the human condition. People of every age, in every kind of circumstance have wondered to themselves and others: Will my life ever be better than this? Is this as good as it gets? This book is an honest and compassionate look at the real struggles we face in a broken world where bad things do happen. Ramon Presson, a marriage and family counselor, describes his own significant personal struggles, including hospitalization for depression. Using the letter that Paul wrote to the Philippians from prison, Presson shares that hope and joy are possible even when life disappoints. Full of practical suggestions for how you can live with purpose and meaning right in the middle of your everyday struggles, When Will My Life Not Suck? is a hopeful treatment of human suffering from someone who has personally lived it and counseled others through the wilderness." Hopeful biblical treatments of human suffering is a busy field in Christian publishing but it seems that this one brings something to the table in its urgency and practicality.
Click HERE and get it now!

3 comments:

  1. Eddie, I don't yet own a Kindle device. How can I read an ebook in Kindle format on my computer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't own a Kindle reader you can always get a Kindle app. I have one on my iPad, iPod and Android phone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails